Bank of Baroda is a data controller registered with the Information Commissioner under number Z463 1489.
In order to provide you with bank Accounts and other products and services we need to collect, use, share and store personal information about you and your transactions ("Your Information"). This section explains how we will use Your Information
What your information includes
Your Information includes information which we:
1(a) obtain from you or third parties, such as employers, joint Account holders, credit reference agencies, fraud prevention agencies or other organizations when you apply for an Account with us or for any of our other products or services, or which you or they give to us at any other time; or
1(b) learn from the way in which your Accounts with us are administered and managed, from the transactions made such as the date, amount, currency and the name and type of supplier (for example, supermarket services, medical services, transactions in assets, retail services) and from the payments which are made to and from your Accounts with us.
- 2) Where you provide personal and financial information about others (such as dependents, other family members and a joint Account holder) you confirm that you have their consent or are otherwise entitled to provide this information to us and for it to be used in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
How we use your information
We and other companies in the Bank of Baroda group of companies will use Your Information to manage your Accounts, give you statements and provide our services and products, to make credit decisions about you (and anyone to whom you are financially linked) for assessment and analysis (including credit and/or behavior scoring, market and product analysis), to prevent and detect fraud, money laundering and other crime, to carry out regulatory checks, to meet our obligations to any relevant regulatory authority, to develop and improve our services to you and other customers, to recover debt and to protect our interests.
Use of your information for marketing purpose
With your permission we and other members of the Bank of Baroda group of companies may use Your Information to inform you by letter, telephone, fax, text messages, digital television, email and other electronic methods about products and services (including those of others) which may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to contact you about such products and services please let us know by writing to us at Bank of Baroda, 32 City Road, London EC1Y 2BD.
Third parties with whom we may share your information
1)We may share Your Information with the following third parties, wherever located:
other companies within the Bank of Baroda group of companies (which means our subsidiaries; our partners and companies and organizations that provide services to us or assist us or act as our agents including but not limited to sub-contractors and professional advisors);
anyone to whom we may transfer our rights and/or obligations under any agreement we have with you;
any third party as a result of any restructure, sale or acquisition of any company within the Bank of Baroda group of companies;
your advisers (including but not limited to accountants, lawyers or other professional advisors) where authorized by you;
credit reference agencies and fraud prevention agencies;
Where we have a duty to do so, or if law or regulation allows us to do so.
2) Save as set out above we will not disclose Your Information to anyone unless the disclosure is made with your consent.
Transfer of your information overseas
We may transfer Your Information to another company in the Bank of Baroda group of companies or to a service provider or agent in another country (including countries outside the EEA) for the purposes stated in condition 24.4 above. We will make sure that the group company, service provider or agent agrees to apply the same levels of protection as we are required to apply to Your Information and to use Your Information in accordance with our instructions.
Credit reference agencies and fraud prevent agencies
- 1) We may give Your Information to and receive information from credit reference agencies and fraud prevention agencies. We and other organizations may access and use this information to prevent and detect fraud, money laundering and other crimes, to make credit assessments and decisions about credit related services to enable us to manage and take decisions about your Accounts, insurance policies and insurance claims and to recover debt.
- 2) Information held about you by the credit reference agencies may already be linked to records relating to your partner or members of your household where a financial "association" has been created. Any enquiry we make at a credit reference agency may be assessed with reference to any associated records. Another person's record will be associated with yours when:
a) you make a joint application;
b) you advise us of a financial association with another person; or
c) if the credit reference agencies have existing linked or "associate" records.
3) This "association" will be taken into account in all future applications by either or both of you and shall continue until one of you applies to the credit reference agencies and is successful in filing a "disassociation".
- 4) Credit reference agencies keep a record of our enquiries and may record, use and give out information we give them to other financial institutions, insurers and other organizations. If false or inaccurate information is provided or fraud is suspected details may be passed to fraud prevention and credit reference agencies. Law enforcement agencies may access and use this information. The information recorded by fraud prevention agencies may be accessed and used by organizations in a number of countries including the UK. We can provide the names and addresses of the credit reference and fraud prevention agencies we use if you would like a copy of Your Information held by them. Please contact us at Bank of Baroda, 32 City Road, London EC1Y 2BD if you want to receive details.
Access to customer personal information
The Bank of Baroda is registered as a data controller with the Information Commissioner's Office under reference number: Z4631489.
Sr. Manager (Information Technology) is our Data Protection Officer, who will be the first point of contact with issues relating to Data Security and Data Loss. We will process the data in accordance with the rights under the Data Protection Act 1998. One of the most important of these rights is the ability to request a copy of the personal information that we hold and to have any inaccuracies corrected. Individuals can request such information by writing to
Sr. Manager (IT)
Bank of Baroda
32 – 36 City Road
We will ask for confirmation of identity before we disclose any personal information and may charge a £10 administration fee to process the request.